httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <stok...@quinn-direct.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_html problem
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:06:21 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

LoadFile libxml2 is already in place in httpd.conf, and I've upgraded
libxml2 to 2.6.x. I've even tried this on SuSE Pro 9, rather than RedHat
ES 3, but I get exactly the same thing.

Not that I know any C, but looking at the code, I'm assuming that
htmlCreatePushParserCtxt should be obtained from

#include <libxml/HTMLparser.h>

and looking in there I can see it defined in the "Interfaces for the
Push mode". When compiling in the mod_proxy_html, it goes fine so I'd
assume it got everything it needed. I'm all out here.

Any ideas would be great.

Rgds,
Pete.

Nick Kew wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Pete Stokes wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I've got mod_proxy_html built, but trying to start apache server I get:
>>
>>Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
>>Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_html.so into server:
>>/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_html.so: undefined symbol:
>>htmlCreatePushParserCtxt
>

> You need to LoadFile libxml2.
>

>>I have correct ver of libxml2 (2.5.10-5), but cannot progress this.
>

> 2.5.10 is a recommended minimum, but these days you might care to use
> a later version.  But in any case, it's no use having it on the system
> if it's not loaded into Apache.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.
For any information on the Quinn Group of Companies please visit :-

http://www.quinn-group.com