httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Boeckman <matth...@saepio.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_db/Berkeley2.7.7/RH-EL
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:16:21 GMT
Hello list!

I'm having a dickens of a time compiling apache-1.3.29 on RH-EL-WS/64bit
  with mod_auth_db using Berkeley 2.7.7. I have cleanly compiled
Berkeley on this new system, and have it installed in
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB as well as symlinks in /lib/ /usr/lib/ and
/usr/include to libdb.so and db.h respectively. The only other db on the
system is db4 (required by rh for RPM i believe).

I have tried a variety of things, passing no special options, configure
seems to find BerkeleyDB-3.x (not installed anywhere!), then make fails
with:
gcc  -DLINUX=22 -DUSE_HSREGEX `./apaci`   -rdynamic \
       -o httpd buildmark.o modules.o modules/standard/libstandard.a
main/libmain.a ./os/unix/libos.a ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a   -lm
-lcrypt -ldb -lexpat -ldl
modules/standard/libstandard.a(mod_auth_db.o)(.text+0x120): In function
`get_db_pw':
: undefined reference to `db_open'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [target_static] Error 1

(as expected, db_open does not exist in db2.7.7!)

If I try to pass LDFLAGS, INCLUDES or LIBS, configure fails utterly to
find any Berkeley:
  export LDFLAGS=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB
*snip*
     o db_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
Error: None of Berkeley-DB 1.x, 2.x or 3.x libraries found.
        Either disable mod_auth_db or provide us with the paths
        to the Berkeley-DB include and library files.

I have also mucked around with the mod_auth_db.modules file, trying to
hard-set it to db-2.7.7 but that failed as well. Any thoughts on where I
can go from here.

Before anyone suggests it, I am pretty much married to both apache
1.3.29, and BerkeleyDB 2.7.7, so no suggestions to use 2.0.x and Berk4.0
  please!

Thanks,

Matthew