httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Cook <...@cs.appstate.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 and mod_ssl.so help
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:34:23 GMT
Just try starting it with bin/apachect startssl and it should work.  If
not look through the logs and you should see what it is looking for.   I
got the message about the ssl-module as well and believe that it is a
little different in 2.x than 1.x with respect to how the modules are
loaded.  Someone else more knowledgeable than I can explain it.  If you
start it with startssl then you can leave Listen 80 in the httpd.conf
file and it will run both with ssl and non-ssl or at least it does with
mine.