httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron W Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy + squid + mod_gzip
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 06:53:26 GMT
Robert Mena wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I've checked this tool and will try that.  Can I
> configure it to use squid for the actual request ?
>
> How about performance ?  I've noticed that it is
> written in java.
>
> How many requests / traffic does your setup serves in
> a regular day ?
>
> - rt

I suppose you could have it talk to squid and have squid talk to the web
server, but then you would have 2 proxies in front of the web server.

As far as performance, it will slow down fast connections because of the
  time it takes to compress the content, but if you turn off image
recompression, then it's probably negligible.

I cannot comment on stability under load since I just use it for
personal use.  I have noticed it stops responding occasionally, so I
have it restarted daily.