httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron W Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy + squid + mod_gzip
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 18:39:13 GMT
Robert Mena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to know if anyone has tried to use the
> following combo : apache+ mod_proxy + mod_gzip
>
> The ideia is to compress the HTML of the web pages
> cached  before sending to the clients (Netscape,
> Internet Explorer etc).
>
> Any tips regarding that would be great!
>
> - rt

It has been my experience that this will work well with *very* simple
pages, but more complex pages get messed up.  You would probably be
better off using a product specifically designed to do what you are
wanting.

I am currently using RabbIT2 http://www.khelekore.org/rabbit/ for this.
  It works fairly well.