httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Gordon <mgord...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Web Site Favicons
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 18:52:41 GMT
Michael Gordon wrote:

> Joe Apache wrote:
>
>> Did you link to it in you xhtml/html?
>>
>> <link rel="icon" href="path/to/.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> or
>> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="path/to/.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

> No, I do not have the favicon link in the <HEAD> tags since they work
> without that link on network web servers.  My thinking was, and is
> beginning to change, that if the favicons work on Unix/Linix boxes
> with Apache Server the favicons should display on my localhost without
> the links in the web document.
>
> Any more thoughts?
>
> Michael

OK, I inserted the link:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="path/to/.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
into my web page index.html and the favicons now appear in the localhost
browser.

So, my question remains, why will they appear on an Internet web host
without the link, but not on my localhost?

Michael

--
Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...