httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron W Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Howto serve SWF directly ???
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:18:41 GMT
Michael D Schleif wrote:

> The following site presents a given SWF file directly, and IE, Mozilla
> and Konqueror all display it without incident.  I do not know anything
> about that server.
>
>     <http://pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf>
>
> The following site serves the exact same SWF:
>
>     <http://helices.org/tmP/map_test.swf>
>
> IE displays it as expected; but, both Mozilla and Konqueror display the
> file content, rather than the expected animation.
>
> Clearly, there is some configuration difference between server setup on
> pibmug.com and helices.org.
>
> What am I missing?

The MIME type has not been setup for the swf extenstion.  It is
currently reporting text/plain when it should be
application/x-shockwave-flash.

See below:

C:\Documents and Settings\decep>nc -v helices.org 80
helices.org [216.234.189.108] 80 (http) open
HEAD /tmP/map_test.swf HTTP/1.0
Host: www.helices.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK