httpd-users mailing list archives

From kloomis <kloo...@it-resources.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [98] Address already in use... could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:49:33 GMT
At 03:12 AM 4/14/2004 -0400, I wrote:
>I have had an Apache 1.3 server running without problems for about a year.
>I just upgraded to RedHat 9 and Apache 2, and now I get the message: [98]
>Address already in use... could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443 and Apache
>won't start.

Weird, if I remove listen 443 from the httpd.conf, I can access the
server.  Maybe ssl itself is binding to 443?

I am also having indexing problems. The same syntax from 1.3 is not working
in 2.0. I get either an access denied or test page when I logon to the
URL.  Any ideas where to look?  The SSL error log says: "Directory index
forbidden by rule: /var/www/html"

Ken