httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Miehs" <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Mod_deflate and AddHandler
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:41:51 GMT
Dear List,

I am currently trying to use mod_deflate on apache 2.0.48 with the

<Location />
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml directive.
 AddHandler xmlhandler .xml .html .css
 Action xmlhandler /myscript.pl
</Location>

If I create a file blah.htm, these contents are sent compressed.
If however, myscript.pl is called, and it also returns text/html, the
content is NOT compressed. (index.html)

If I use 'SetOutputFilter DEFLATE' it works. I would rather not
use this option, at least not from day one, as I am afraid of side
effects that may occur with some of our customers... IE: what am I not
allowed to compress....

Thanks for your thoughts,

Andrew