httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual hosting user problem
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:04:19 GMT
Hello,

I'm hosting multiple virtual servers on a single server.  The file structure is /home/clientname/website/www.
 Everything has been working fine for some time until one user decided to delete his /home/clientname/website
folder.  When we were doing some maintenance on the server we restarted the httpd daemon and
it failed because it couldn't find the base folder for one of the virtual instances.

Is there a way to tell Apache that if a virtual instance folder has a problem ignore that
instance and continue loading the rest of the file instead of dying for all of the sites?
 I fear that it will also happen on the log rotate cycle as well.

I have tried a multitude of things to make this work but there seems to be no simple say.
 As a temporary work around we have placed a script in the /etc/init.d/httpd startup file
that will create a /home/client/website/www for each entry in the /home directory.

Gary Smith