httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Miell" <greg_mi...@dsl.pipex.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Authentication problem.
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:18:42 GMT
I restart the apache service every time I make any config changes to the
server. It may have been something to do with WinXP.

There is a folder under admin.******.net called mysql. I used this as a
test.

Thank you for the reply,
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: BAO RuiXian [mailto:ruixian.bao@pp.inet.fi]
Sent: 26 April 2004 18:16
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Authentication problem.

Greg Miell wrote:

>[Sun Apr 25 04:35:36 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] access to /mysql/
>failed, reason: unknown require directive:"User admin"
>[Sun Apr 25 04:35:36 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] access to /mysql/
>failed, reason: user admin not allowed access

Although it magically started to work after you had done a restart of
your machine (consenquently Apache had been restarted also -- which
should always be done after changes in your configuration -- you may
already know this:), but I am still puzzled by the above errors. How
come it gets to do with the path /mysql/, regarding both your documetn
root and the adminpasswd file have nothing to do with it?

Best

Bao