httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Miell" <greg_mi...@dsl.pipex.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Authentication problem.
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 06:22:15 GMT
Thank you for the reply. For some strange reason basic authentication
started working after my nightly restart... Strange!
However, I have started to try digest authentication, which seems to be
working fine..

Thanks again.
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Obeda (ACM) [mailto:pdobeda@acm.org]
Sent: 26 April 2004 02:35
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Authentication problem.

(comment inline, below)

I found that "sometimes" I need to explicitly add the -m flag to
htpasswd on Win(XP); (perhaps another copy of htpasswd doesn't do
so by default?  Check that you're using the copy of htpasswd that
comes with Apache ...)  Otherwise, as suggested, the error log
should suggest where the credentials are failing.