httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Smeenk <ssmeenk+apache...@freshdot.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite weirdness
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 08:04:09 GMT
Quoting Rodrigo Campos (rodrigo@geekbunker.org):

> Are you using a RewriteLock file ?

No. I'm not. I didn't really know about RewriteLock.
Weird that I never saw that option before.

Hmm. *tappety*click*click*tappety*
Ah! *clickety*tap*

| -rw-r--r--    1 nobody   wheel           0 Apr 24 09:53 rewrite.lock

Hookay...

*tap*tap*clickety*

| Concurrency Level:      10
| Time taken for tests:   9.691 seconds
| Complete requests:      1500
| Failed requests:        0
| Broken pipe errors:     0

Looks promising. The rewrite.lock appeared when it actually rewrote
something, and it now seems to work! It even seems a tad bit faster?

Thanks :)   Unfortunately I have no idea why 2.0.49 doesn't create the
rewrite.lock file. I had mine written to /tmp to ensure correct
permissions ;)

Leaving you with the question, why isn't RewriteLock enabled by default
somewhere in shared memory or something?

Kind regards,
Sander.