httpd-users mailing list archives

From ray v <ray...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] the meaning of hop-by-hop vs end-to-end confusion? maybe not
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:06:00 GMT
Hi Joshua,

You have interrupted it exactly as I have. I didn't
include the part where the Proxy strips out
content-codings. Basically I was just trying to make
sure I had my facts striaght on which type did what.

Hop-by-hop happens only when Proxy or some other
device is intermedirary to the Origin server.

end-to-end Happens only between client and origin
server.

Its all part of that wonderful confusion that is rfc
2616!
Cheers!