httpd-users mailing list archives

From ray v <ray...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] the meaning of hop-by-hop vs end-to-end confusion? maybe not
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:23:17 GMT
Hi all,

I am interested in clearifying some details
surrounding the connection types hop-by-hop and
end-to-end. I read the rfc 2616 and its kind of a
confused mess.

Anyways, as I understand it each type has its own set
of headers and each type is conditional by its
connection. For example hop-by-hop is through a proxy
device of some kind. While end-to-end is the client
talking directly to the Origin server?

I am clear on this? :)

Cheers! and may your worker processes never stiffen
and die! %-)