httpd-users mailing list archives

From Murray KDE <kdeuser...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_logio and mod_proxy
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:23:06 GMT
I've got apache setup as a forward (web) proxy.

  browser on client -> server, running mod_proxy
  server -> fetches http://remote.com/page.html
  server -> returns page.html -> browser on client

mod_logio tells us the "number of bytes received/sent
per request".

But when proxying, is this

1. bytes sent bewteen client, and proxy server only
2. bytes sent between proxy server, and remote server
3. sum of 1+2

My guess is 1.  Could anyone confirm this, as the docs
don't make it clear, as far as I can tell.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_logio.html