httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.0.49 Server Side Includes
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:55:25 GMT
* "nick@finiteautomata.com" <nick@finiteautomata.com> wrote:

> I have been having some Server Side Includes issues with some of my
> Virtual Hosts.  I am running Apache/1.3.28 on RedHat Ent.3.  We have had
> issues where white space or blank lines cause Server Side Includes to
> not work and we have to remove the blank space and blank lines
> surrounding the Include statement.  I was informed back in Feb. that it
> was a bug in mod_include which would hopefully be fixed in 2.0.49.  I
> saw the CHANGES list for 2.0.49 and saw that "Fix mod_include's
> expression parser to recognize strings correctly even if they start with
> an escaped token"  - Was this the fix?  I wasn't sure so I compiled
> 2.0.49 and converted all my sites over to 2.0.49

No, it's this one:

  *) Backport major overhaul of mod_include's filter parser from 2.1.
     The new parser code is expected to be more robust and should
     catch all of the edge cases that were not handled by the previous one.
     The 2.1 external API changes were hidden by a wrapper which is
     expected to keep the API backwards compatible.

The change you've quoted was a minor edge case, where things like

<!--# if expr="\(blah" --> were not treated correctly.

nd
--
Winnetous Erbe: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>