httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Kielthy <jkiel...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuring IPv6 with Apache2 on Windows XP
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:44:08 GMT
Hi,

I have recently started to use Apache2 to stream a
video to my media player (which is VideoLAN Client) on
Windows XP. For the moment I am only testing it on my
own machine, and the server works in IPv4 (from
httpd).

>From reading the online Apache2 documentation, I
understand that in order to allow the server to listen
for IPv6 connections, I should add the command "Listen
[fe80::fede:d4a7]:80" (or some variation of valid IPv6
addresses and port numbers).

However, when I discontinue the IPv4 server and try to
use IPv6 only, I receive the message "The requested
operation has failed". I have attached a copy (text
file) of the error log.

I have looked at the multi-processing modules
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mpm_winnt.html)
but cannot understand where or how I can use
"accept()" instead of "AcceptEx()". It seems from my
error report that there might be something related to
this, but I don't understand how or why.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with
Windows XP? Or is it even a Windows XP problem?

Thanks,
Jesse