httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luke Worthy <l...@solutionsmanagement.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] help with virtualdocumentroot setup
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:48:56 GMT
Hi,

       Our company is making the great leap forward to apache.  We have a few
hundred websites, and want to use virtualdocumentroot to locate them.  The
only problem is, as soon as I add another page (ie the admin page to the
backend) the documentroot gets screwed up.

my config (relavant only)

NameVirtualHost *
UseCanonicalName    Off

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName *
    VirtualDocumentRoot /webpages/clientroot/%2.1/%2.2/%0
    DirectoryIndex default.cfm default.htm index.cfm index.htm index.html
    ErrorDocument 404 /404.cfm

<Directory "/webpages/clientroot">
    Options -Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost cf.defiant.solman>
        ServerAdmin     luke@solutonsmanagement.com.au
        VirtualDocumentRoot    /etc/htdocs/
        ServerName      cf.defiant.solman
        ServerAlias     cf.defiant.solman
        CustomLog       /var/log/cfaccess.log combined

<Directory "/etc/htdocs">
    Options -Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from 192.168.0
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

If I comment out the bottom half - it works great - otherwise, only the admin
page is available.  The error is:
File does not exist: /etc/htdocs/pages

when it should not even be looking in /etc/htdocs - it should be looking
in /webpages/clientroot/X/X/www.websitename.com/

what is going on?  this has been hurting my melon for quite a while now....