httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Heintze <sieg_hein...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.43 WebDav Does not let me in
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:16:41 GMT
Josh,
 Hurray -- Dav works without authentication. I removed
all but "dav on" and I can use IE 6 to open up
/cgi-source as a web folder.

 I looked in the documentation for basic
authentication and tried replacing "require user
admin" with "require user siegfried" and tried to log
in as siegfried and was dissappointed that it did not
prompt me for a password.
:-)

When I did a drag and drop of a microsoft word file
into the /cgi-source it worked (but no password
prompting). When I double clicked on it to edit it, it
did prompt me for a password! :-) When I deleted the
microsoft word file with the DEL key, it did not
prompt for a password.
:-<

How can I make it always prompt for a password?

        Thanks,
           Siegfried

<Location /cgi-source>
  Dav On