httpd-users mailing list archives

From cara col <cara_co...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 and fully qualified domain name [problem 2 SOLVED]
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 14:57:53 GMT
I solved the 403 problem: the problem was that using
Galeon in the log I saw it was tring to request the
page as local ip than I put the local ip in the
NameVirtualHost and <VirtualHost directives. Using
mozilla, konqueror, lynk it request the page as the
external/public ip instead!
Swithing to the public ip in NameVirtualHost and
<VirtualHost directives solved the problem but putting
* instead of the public ip doesn't work and apache
goes to the default DocumentRoot. Why?

making
# httpd2 -t -D DUMP_VHOST
httpd2: Could not determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using 172.16.1.10 for
ServerName
Syntax OK

still doesn't show a clear message and doesn't show
the virtual host configured.

thanks