httpd-users mailing list archives

From cara col <cara_co...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 and fully qualified domain name
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 12:41:34 GMT
Thank you for yours reply but...

> Chuck wrote:
> Sounds like your DNS isn't setup correctly Check
that > first!

My DNS should be ok, indeed when I switch (in
Vhost.conf) to /var/www/html or a subdirectory of it,
everythings shows up ok.
So this let me wonder is a real permission issue but I
don't undertand why!: The permission in /opt are all
user,group,world with the read and execute permission
set and the files are world readable _the same_ as in
/var and subdirectory!

> Irmund wrote:
> If I remember right Mandrake has 3 *.conf for httpd.
> So include them as well...

probably you are refering to DynamicVhosts.conf
VirtualHomePages.conf present in
/etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/ they are all commented out I
don't use them yet I need to start from a basic setup
not yet working ;)
other than these files in httpd2.conf there are
included the default I didn't touch them:
Include /etc/httpd/conf.d/*.conf
Include conf/commonhttpd.conf

I have attached my httpd2.conf the Vhost.conf file was
in my first email.
I'm running out of idea... thank you in advance for
any  advice!