httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Muller" <David.Mul...@Overture.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 2.0.47+Modjk2+tomcat4.1.29 connections don't close
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 06:44:31 GMT
2.0.47+Modjk2+tomcat4.1.29 connections don't close

We see on our server-status page many connections in ' "W" Sending
Reply' state - they build up over time as do the httpd child processes -
they don't seem to ever finish the reply.  We think we have connections
hung up in tomcat perhaps?

We get these errors in the error_log and eventually seem to run out of
free memory start swapping before the server becomes unresponsive.

child pid 1571 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
mod_jk child workerEnv in error state 1

Is there a config parameter to force these connections to close after a
certain amount of time?  Anyone have a similar problem?

Linux RH 8

Thanks,

-Dave