httpd-users mailing list archives

From cybervisi...@vsnl.net
Subject [users@httpd] file level auth
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:26:56 GMT
Hi
I am new to apache /just started 8-10 days back i am using suse 9 with apache Apache/2.0.49
(Unix) .i  was able to put  direcoty level auth but i am not able to fix file level auth can
some one help me .other thing is how do i change server token to my own name .how do i add
modules.

# trying to put passwd for some file but by default page/directory should be display

<Files /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/news/i*.jpeg>
      Allow from 192.168.0.1
      AllowOverride none
      AuthName "test"
      AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/passwd/passwords
      Require user shrikant
      Options +Indexes

</Files>
<Files /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/news/httpd.conf>