httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Carter <apa...@entertain-me.com>
Subject [users@httpd] PDF downloads fail for IE users only
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:45:14 GMT
Hi all!

I found a similar problem thread for version 2.0.39 that apparently ended with
2.0.40, but I'm running 2.0.48 and I'm having these issues.

Basically, whenever an IE user downloads a PDF, they get the error message "File
does not begin with '%PDF-'". It only occurs with IE, and only on Windows.

I tried installing a PDF I was able to successfully view from another site on
mine with the same result.

Here's a link to try if you'd like to see for yourself:

http://www.herooftheday.org/donation_form.pdf

TIA,
Dave