httpd-users mailing list archives

From "justin" <sky...@psinode.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] statically compiled ssl requires parameters?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:10:21 GMT
Thanks for the pointer.  After reading up on that I was at first thinking
that by not explicitly stating "SSLEngine off" it defaults to "SSLEngine on" and then by not

configuring the parameters I am asking for problems, but based on:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html

it seems to be "off" by default so then I am not sure where the:

Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]

is coming from.  In general I actually feel quite comfortable with the SSL setup,
my specific inquiry here is whether it is safe to *not* set it up if it is statically compiled.

> Look in conf.d - ssl.conf
>
> -Dave
>
> I have a recent installation of:
>
> _Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.49 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.6_
>
> With ssl compiled statically. I am getting these in the error log:
>
> [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]

My httpd.conf has no reference to anything