httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] APR linking of libdb and libgdbm
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 05:48:00 GMT

========================
!!!!  PLAIN TEXT PLEASE  !!!!
========================

I had to reformat your whole post just to answer.

no images != plain text
! html == plain text

If I felt like cleaning up someone else's mess on my screen all the time
I'd have some babies...  I think I'll make this an optional header .sig.
;-)

Now, about the lib*db* stuff, which version of Apache?  1.3.?? or 2.0.??
or what?  Assuming 2.0.49 for now.  It seems like lib*db* support is
needed for the htdbm program, to create db files to store password, akin
to htpasswd,  and to determine what support goes into the dbmanage
support script.  Likewise there's auth-dbm, which authenticates
usernames and passwords based on a file created by htdbm.  As far as I
can see by just reading "./configure --help | less" (use the mneumonic:
what do you do when you feel helpless?  configuring for the helpless,
etc.  If you don't have less, then "you need configure to help you
more", "./configure --help | more").  Anyways, just --disable-auth-dbm,
or compile it as a module, and just comment out the "LoadModule
mod_auth_dbm modules/mod_auth_dbm.so" line.  There's no option to stop
building htdbm, so you will see lib*db* during ./configure --opts.  Just
"make install" and then "rm -iv /usr/local/apache2/bin/*db*".

Hmm, additionally, there's some options in the docs that are NOT in the
./configure --help messages!  --without-gdbm.  There may be an option
for --without-dbm --without-ndbm --without-sdbm, I do not know.  Hmm,
after a quick search on Apache's docs, it's apparent that other modules
use *db* file formats.  One example is mod_rewrite.  Check all the
modules that you DO have left in (not too many left, right?), and read
all the docs on each module, and see if any of them have options for db
or dbm files.

Leif