httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.49 on Win2K resets connections
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:22:47 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Heath" <chris@heathens.co.nz>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.49 on Win2K resets connections

> > On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Chris Heath wrote:
> >
> > > I am having a problem with connections to the server breaking.
Small
> > > pages load fine, but larger images display in IE6 as either a
broken
> > > image icon or the top part of the image with randomish stripes
below.

> > Try each of the following directives in httpd.conf:
> > EnableSendfile Off
> > Win32DisableAcceptEx
>
> You're a genius!  The "EnableSendFile Off" option fixed it.
>
> Thank you SO much!
>
> Chris

My two cents after reading this interesting thread and learning
something new:

Reading the EnableSendfile doc, it says this:

* Some platforms may have broken sendfile support that the build system
did not detect, especially if the binaries were built on another box and
moved to such a machine with broken sendfile support.

If you got the binary precompiled, this may be a side effect of letting
others do your work for you.  Compiling software from source on the
machine it will run on is usually the best way to go and would probably
work -- maybe the only difference would be to turn off EnableSendfil in
the config.  However, if you did compile from source and started with
the default config, and still had this problem, then there may be an
opportunity to fix some broken detection scripts.

I read the AcceptEx doc as well.  You don't mention if you tried that
option by itself, and what the results were.  It would be nice to know
definitively and for completion's sake, if it was just the Sendfile
option, just the AcceptEx option, or both that work (each by themselves,
or both in conjunction).

Leif