httpd-users mailing list archives

From Germán <gera...@adinet.com.uy>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI with Apache 1.3.29 Win32 - Error 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 03:24:55 GMT
Hi,
    I'm having some problems while trying to configure the Apache Http Server on Windows 2000
to run CGI's.
To do so I added the following lines in the httpd.conf file (as the help documentation says):

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/MyDir">
     Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

When I try to run a perl file it works fine, but with a .cgi file I get an Error 503 - Service
Temporarily unavailable. When I look at the access.log file, I see an Error 408 (which is
Request Timeout) with the Error 503.

I also tried with the with the ScriptAlias but I get the same error.

Another strange thing is that when I try to execute a CGI that is on the cgi-bin directory
I get the same error, but this time both, the .cgi and .pl files fails.

I've been searching the FAQ and the Web but I didn't find nothing related with this. In fact,
it's not one of the common errors associated with CGI's on Apache.

Can anyone give me a clue about this?

Thanks in advance,
Germán