httpd-users mailing list archives

From "D. Carroll" <carr...@natlab.research.philips.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Arrays of config directives.
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:41:30 GMT
Hiya I am new here.

I am currently developing a module for apache 2.0 which takes a lot of
config arguments in "sets".
The most logical way to do this would be with an array, but I wonder if that
is possible with the API's

For example, ideally I'd like to do something like this in the httpd.conf
file.

AUTH_SOURCE(1) = auth1.authserver.com
AUTH_SOURCE(2) = auth2.authserver.com
AUTH_LOGIN(1) = authlogin1
AUTH_LOGIN(2) = authlogin2
AUTH_PASS(1) = authpass1
AUTH_PASS(2) = authpass2

I could do it this way:

AUTH_SOURCES = auth1.authserver.com|auth2.authserver.com
AUTH_LOGINS = authlogin1|authlogin2
AUTH_PASSES = authpass1|authpass2

Or even
AUTH_DATA =
auth1.authserver.com(authlogin1,authpass1)|auth2.authserver.com(authlogin2,a
uthpass2)

The problem with both of these solutions is that there are about 15 config
directives to deal with.
I wonder if anyone else has an idea of how I'd do this.

The *only* way I can think of is to have the data in an external file, which
would be listed as the only config directive.  Does anyone have a better
idea?

-D
p.s. Should I be writing for apache 2.1.x??