httpd-users mailing list archives

From "adrian Greeman" <adriangree...@pixandwords.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Beginner - port 80 and firewall
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:20:14 GMT
apologies for the http email

I used localhost on the browser to test it out (which is what i put for
the configuration also).  I used Firefox and IE to try and access
Apache.

----- Original Message -----
From: <pagedev1@speakeasy.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Beginner - port 80 and firewall

Have you tried to use the browser with http://localhost/ to see if
that would bring up the site??  What are you trying to use to see
the page?? Are you doing localhost, or www.mysite.com??  If you are
trying to use www.mysite.com and it is not reaching it, it could be
a DNS issue.

Please explain more what method you are using to reach the page.

Also PLEASE DO NOT USE HTML Email.