httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject [users@httpd] ssl.conf differences between 2.0.48 and 2.0.49
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:27:43 GMT
Hello again,

Collating or merging my conf files together after an upgrade.  Noticed a
change in the ssl.conf file.

>From httpd.conf, the file is included "IfModule mod_ssl.c" (same as old
version).  In the ssl.conf file, the "Pseudo Random Number Generator"
(PRNG) has moved position.  The SSLRandomSeed directive (with startup
and connect options) were within the "IfDefine SSL" in the old 2.0.48
ssl.conf, just after SSLMutex.  In the new 2.0.49 ssl.conf, it has moved
outside the "IfDefine SSL", just before the "IfDefine SSL" block, after
the initial comments.  Is the new way more correct?  It would seemlike
an error.  Why would I need SSLRandomSeed if I have not started
"apachectl startssl" (this is what defines SSL), whereas if I run
"apachectl start", I may have the module available (if the module
"Include"  isn't inside an "IfDefine SSL"), but I obviously don't want
to use any SSL* directives unless I enabled ssl at startup.  It would
seem more correct in the old position, to ensure it is never
accidentally used.

Comments?

Leif