httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brent Bailey" <bbai...@metrocastcablevision.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] startssl at boot time
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:54:11 GMT
Ummm the explanation below in regards to having apache start from boot is
more so for solaris....NOT Freebsd...on a freebsd machine you will want to
look for start up scripts that are usually in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Look for apache.sh ...it is usually installed if you install apache from the
ports collection. ...if its not there then use this.  While in the
/usr/local/etc/rc.d   directory...  create and edit a file called apache.sh
And add the below script to it then save..

----------------------snip--------------------------
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
start)
        [ -x /usr/local/sbin/apachectl ] && /usr/local/sbin/apachectl
startssl > /dev/null && echo -n ' apache'
        ;;
stop)
        [ -r /var/run/httpd.pid ] && /usr/local/sbin/apachectl stop >
/dev/null && echo -n ' apache'
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: `basename $0` {start|stop}" >&2
        ;;
esac

exit 0

Brent Bailey CCNA