httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Hamer" <p...@2hv.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Location/LocationMatch with regexp does not apply to alias-dirs?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:39:54 GMT
Hi all!

I'm setting up Apache 2 (2.0.47) using the jk2 connector to connect to
Tomcat which serves the JSPs. Look at the virtualhost setup below. What
I want is to tell Apache that all *.jsp and /servlet/* requests should
passed onto Tomcat (or actually the jk2 worker). A very common setup in
my opinion, however I can't get it to work with a single Location
statement.

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName www3.mydomain.nl
  DocumentRoot /var/tomcat4/webapps/merlin/2hv
  Alias /merlin/admin /var/tomcat4/webapps/merlin/admin
  ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/2hv-error_log
  CustomLog /var/log/apache2/2hv-access_log combined
#  <Location ~ ".*/(.*\.jsp|servlet/.*)">  ## This is what I want
#  <Location ~ "/.*\.jsp"> ## This one works, but not for the alias?
  <Location "/*.jsp"> ## This works OK
    JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>

The non-regexp version works fine in all cases. However any of the
regexp versions only work if I access a *.jsp file outside the
"merlin/admin" alias, such as www.mydomain.nl/test.jsp or
www.mydomain.nl/test/test.jsp . But
www.mydomain.nl/merlin/admin/test.jsp does NOT work, it simply shows me
the JSP source.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

GreetinX,
Paul Hamer

Head System Development
paul@2hv.nl