httpd-users mailing list archives

From "adrian Greeman" <adriangree...@pixandwords.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] firewall on single computer test setup
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:27:34 GMT
I recently installed Apache 2 on my own non-networked computer for self
training purposes using PHP as a module and next top a MySQL server on
the same computer.

It is a Win XP SP1 OS and Apache works fine - but to get it there I had
to uninstall my McAfee Firewall. [Thanks to those who replied on this
list incidentally to sort that problem].

I would like to have a firewall running however.  Does anyone know which
firewall I can run happily without disrupting the Apache server?
Sygate is suggested by a colleague.  And would it need any special
configuring (or would Apache etc)

Regards

                                       Adrian