httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 series upgrades
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:31:51 GMT

changes from to the old.conf (customized) file (backporting).

Leif

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hills Michael R" <Michael.Hills@Siemens.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 1:37 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 series upgrades

Hi All,

My apologies if this already exists in an FAQ somewhere -- I've been
searching for this particular question/answer without any luck.

I am currently running Apache 2.0.44 on Windows 2000. I am looking for
the easiest way to upgrade to the latest release.

I have read in several FAQs and user support lists that the modules
retain compatibility within the 2.0 series, but nothing about actually
upgrading an existing installation.

Can I simply upgrade the binary (Apache.exe) file and any updated
modules or do I really need to reinstall the latest release from
scratch?

Thanks,

Mike