httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil Pitman" <neil.pit...@mahjongmania.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Windows Sources for 1.3.29
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 02:14:35 GMT
I'm trying to build Apache-SSL for Windows.  I cannot seem to get the
sources for 1.3.29 Windows.  There is no windows sources zip in the
dist/httpd directory.  In the dis/binaries/win32 directory there are two
interesting files: apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-src.exe and
apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-src.msi.
apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-src.exe fails to run with "Program too big to fit in
memory"
apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-src.msi fails because it claims that I already have
an installation.  It probably means the apache 2.0 executable.  I don't
really want to trash that until I have at least a candidate for SSL

Finally, the win32 binaries suggests that if I'm not interested in the MSI
version, that I should get the -win32-src.zip file from the root dist/httpd
directory (sorry it's not there).

Anyone have some ideas of how I should proceed to build a secure HTTPD?

Thanks

Neil Pitman
Work +1.514.344.1218
Cell +1.514.863.5465