httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Charlie Smith" <smit...@ldschurch.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Including PHP support with APACHE ?
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:29:19 GMT

I am having similar problem.  When trying to start Apache 2 I get following
error:
httpd: module
"/usr/src/build/144344-i386/BUILD/php-4.2.2/sapi/apache2filter/sapi_apache2.c"
is not compatible with this version of Apache (found 20020628, need 20020903).
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

I believe this is occuring because of the outdated libphp4.so that came with
RedHat 8.0.

I'll bet you could either recompile php from source with appropriated
directives to build a shared apache module or get the modules from php.net
somewhere.

>>> jhs_technical@cox.net 03/12/04 07:20AM >>>
On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 23:04, Dilip M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How could i include PHP support in apache ? I have these version of RPM's
> , that came with Redhat 8.0.
>
> # rpm -qa|egrep 'php|http'
> libghttp-1.0.9-5
> httpd-2.0.40-8
> php-4.2.2-8.0.5
>
> ----------------------------
>
> I tried to enable " mod_php4 " using 'webmin' , but that seems to be not
> working :((
>
> grep -i php /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> <<shows nothing >>
In the RH httpd version php is enabled /etc/httpd/conf.d with the
inclusion of the file php.conf.  If this is a default install it is
enabled.  I had problems like this at first when I attempted some
configuring.  In some types of configurations (self imposed) you can
cause the server to ignore index.php.  Google for a phpinfo script.  Put
in your document root and point your browser to localhost/filename.  It
should give you lots of nicely formated info on php.