httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Crongeyer" <rcronge...@oceaneering.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache authentacation on a pre file basis?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:14:41 GMT
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to do this:

I need Apache to check my existing database to see if the user is
permited to view the file (usually a .pdf file).

Currently the setup is via webpages/php a user logins into the
application and can only see what his/her group is allwoed. For instance
when the user clicks on a link a query is run and they are presented
with a list of files that there group is permited to see. They can
simply click on the link and view the file. Sometims more than one group
can see the same files. This is fine, accept, if the user knows where
the files are stored they may be able to bypass the "group security" and
see files that the web interface wouldn't normally allow them to.

How could this be best accomplished?

Thanks,

Ralph