httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rick van Vliet <r...@rickvanvliet.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can PHP files load without extension?
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:31:42 GMT
(bottom posting)

> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:27:23 -0600
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> From: Rick van Vliet <rick@rickvanvliet.com>
> Subject: Can PHP files load without extension?
>
> Apache 2.048 PHP  4.3.4
>
> Is there a setting in apache 2.048 httpd.conf file that will allow a php
> page to load, without needing to supply the extension?
> I have my DirectoryIndex set to take care of "index.php" automatically,
> but I would like to be able to have a php file load, as though it were
> an htm or html.
>
> I though I was able to do this with Apache 1.3x, and php 4.32, but I
> cannot seem to find anything googling or at apache.org, where this is
> very clear.
>
> Thanks,
> rick
>
> ------------------------------

>> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:01:16 +0100
>> To: users@httpd.apache.org
>> From: Didier Peereboom Voller <didier@simpelinternet.nl>
>> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Can PHP files load without extension?
>>
>> yes this is possible
>>
>> AddType application/x-httpd-php Is the line where you tell apache that
>> it should handle for instance
>> *.php as a php file. *.php3 *.phtml *.php4 are typical but it is really
>> up to you.
>>
>> You can simply add any extension you want. Possibly even * if you are
>> adventurous.

Thanks, but it isn't really working the way I expect.
If I set up my pages to be some HTM, and some PHP, and I want to send a
link to someone so
that I don't have to remember whether it's a php or html extension...and
this file is not an index.* page...
Would I add *.htm *.html to the
"AddType application/x-httpd-php .php " line?

Or is this some kind of a ForceType arrangement?
(as I make these changes in the .conf file, I am restarting the server, in
case you're wondering :)
thanks,
rick