httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael T. Peterson" <mtp1...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] [Q] Scheduling service(s) (ala cron)
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:24:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm designing an Apache-based WEB site, one requirement of which is to
update its database (MySQL) from a remote WEB site. I've written a prototype
[php-based] function that calls into the remote site and gets the data
whenever the page is selected.

However, what I would like to do is write a routine (preferably PHP-based or
Java-based) that will do this periodically, say once very 6 hours (the data
is dynamic and changes periodically).  Does Apache offer such services?  If
so, could someone point me to some documentation and/or examples describing
this functionality?

Thanks, in advance,

Michael