httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Wyckoff <ben.wyck...@mirror-image.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.48 mod_disk_cache and GC
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:04:28 GMT
I've recently started working with Apache 2.0.48. This question
specifically relates to mod_disk_cache and garbage collection. I
looked at the 2.0.49 notes, and don't see any significant changes
noted.

The mod_disk_cache docs say (a) the mod is experimental, and (b) all
of the GC directives are not yet implemented.

I searched the mail archives back to Oct 2003, and found a few
questions about the disk space growing unbounded, and the answers in
both cases were to use something like a cron job to sweep the cache
hierarchy and delete the old files.

I'm willing to get my hands dirty and write some code if need be.
Given that the docs refer to a variety of GC directives that weren't
implemented, I wonder if there is an original design floating around
somewhere that I could get my hands on, or if anyone can comment on
plans for the mod_disk_cache, either in the 2.0 code tree or the 2.1
branch. (This email may be better suited for the apache-dev list, but
I wanted to try here first, given past discussions of the issue).

regards,
-Ben