httpd-users mailing list archives

From paged...@speakeasy.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: a wicked web...
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:40:55 GMT

George,

Are you still using Win ME??  You need to get Apache running before you worry about PHP MySql.
 You need to determine what is holding to Port 80 if it is Apache, or something else.  If
you have something else holding on to it, then you will need to get it off there, and move
it to a new port.  Apache can run on 8088, 8080 so you can move it.  I would not, I would
try to move the application(s) that are holding on to it first.

accumulated in a database and made available for viewing.  I'm using MySQL, php and Apache.
 After downloading and installing Apache binary it seems to start, and then stop (with Ctrl/C)
and do nothing else.  Perhaps I don't know how to run it.  TCPView gives a map of port usage,
showing port 80 in use.  Is it in use by Apache or something else?  There is lots of documentation,
but not seemingly sufficient!  Most mysterious in getting started is the use of apachectl,
a script.  So, the use of http://localhost/ and http://127.0.0.1/ after starting Apache indicates
it is not started, even though Ctrl/C stops it..??  What a wicked web we weave...  --George