httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2nd Try chunked transfer configuration
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:12:26 GMT

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, N Chandran wrote:
> >Issuing a 'chunked' request to 'Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)' comes out with the
> >following error.
> >
> >"[Tue Mar 30 04:03:40 2004] [error] chunked Transfer-Encoding forbidden:
> >/cgi-bin/put.pl/ides".
> >
> >with the client error  411 - Length Required.
> >
> >How do I configure Apache to allow chunked Transfer ?

I'm not an expert in this, but my understanding is that, for performance
and complexity reasons, apache does not dechunk input.  And since it is
assumed that cgi scripts themselves will not be able to handle chunked
encoding, mod_cgi rejects chunked input entirely.

1.3.9 in ancient, in any case.  You should really upgrade.

Joshua.