httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Virtual Hosts
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:47:11 GMT

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, DeSouza, Wellington Oliveira wrote:
> In 4 out of 10 requests to www.highpoint.edu I will get the index page
> located in the document root of my www.revolutionaryeurope.org virtual
> host. The images will not show up because it seems that even though I
> got the wrong page displayed, apache does think that the document root
> is /var/www/html so the path to the images are wrong. The other 6
> requests (out of 10) are answered correctly.
>
> The same kind of problem is present when I make requests to
> www.revolutionaryeurope.org.
>
> It seems to me that apache is mixing things up internally. Has anyone
> run into this problem?

I have seen this problem reported only in one situation: where people are
using non-default apache configurations with strange third-party modules.
(In particular, mod_dyn_vhost has been known to do this.)

Are you using Apache directly from httpd.apache.org with no patches or
third-party modules?

Joshua.