httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Changing Port Apache listens on?
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:48:42 GMT

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, George Hester wrote:

> I am using Apache 1.3 downloaded and installed in Cygwin on Windows 2000 Server SP3.

Unless you have some very particular reason for doing otherwise, you
should use apache 2.0 and you should use the native windows version, not
the cygwin version.

> It seems there is no "listen" 80 in this file but Apache is Listening on port 80.
> Everything in httpd.conf that has anything to do with "listen" look to
> be just comments.  I can find no listen 80 anywhere.

Listen 80
is the default in apache 1.3.  If you want something else, just put it in:
Listen 88
for example.

And please don't attach your entire httpd.conf unless absolutely
necessary.

Joshua.