httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multiple Apache2 Instances
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:43:41 GMT

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Saunders Jack wrote:

> Today I have 2 apache 1.3.27 instances running on the same server.  The binary and all
files are in seperate directories.  I have recently upgraded one instance to apache 2.0.48
without any problems.  However I have built the second instance with apache2 and tried to
restart it and I get the following error:

> httpd (pid 26823) already running
>
> I have checked the Listen directive to makesure apache was not listening to all ip's
and ports in both instances httpd.conf files.

> Can this be done with apache2?

Did you choose a different --prefix when your ./configure'd apache?

If not, did you edit apachectl and httpd.conf to reflect all the correct
paths?

Joshua.