httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] REPOST: Javascript includes not being parsed.
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:42:18 GMT
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Henry wrote:

> >You keep on and on whinging on this list, but you STILL haven't fixed
> >your broken HTML, as I told you in reply to your first post.

OK, that was unduly harsh.  But it's not as if it was the first time
I'd posted the answer.

> What Nick is trying to say is that he'd rather berate you than actually
  help you.  It must make him feel superior or something. Sad.

Ever heard of Oxfam:
  "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and
   you feed hom for life"

You just gave him a fish.  If what I wrote persuades him to validate,
I will have taught him to fish.

> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2"  SRC="/toolkit/javascript/sitelib.js"  type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

That of course contains the answer, but still relies on legacy (pre-1998)
HTML - the deprecated 'language' attribute.  You should fix it too:-)

Also if he finds it for himself, he's more certain to find the other
part of the fix that I mentioned but you omitted, since it's identical.

--
Nick Kew