httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTACCESS urgent
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:48:07 GMT
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, innocent wrote:

> I have a server that is running on linux and I have my apache not allowing
> directory write. How do I make a .htaccess file to only allow this particulary
> directory within  my root doc to allow writing on files thru a web page

You seem to be asking the wrong question, but I'll give it a shot
anyway. If you want to write files via a cgi program (is that what
you're doing?) then the file/directory must be writeable by the 'nobody'
or 'apache' user. This is a file permission thing, and has nothing to do
with .htaccess files.

If that doesn't help, then you might want to provide us with an error
message that you are receiving, and a detailed account of exactly what
it is that you are trying to do.

--
Nothing is perfect, certainly not me
Success to failure, just a matter of degrees