httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: Firing up Apache 2
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:58:01 GMT
Plain text please...

IF you activated mod_ssl AND you configured an SSL VH AND your
certificate was built with a passphrase THEN you will be prompted for a
password when apache starts. Otherwise, not.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Fowler [mailto:gfowler1@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 25. März 2004 02:56
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Re: Firing up Apache 2

Hey,

I have Apache2Triad installed on my (home) Windows XP system.  When I
attempt to start Apache directly (I can start the Apache Monitor that
came with this package and Apache starts up fine.)  by selecting Start,
then Apache2Triad folder, then Apache2Triad I get a password window.
Only I don't remember having a logon and password!  Is this common to
Apache generally?  Is there a standard logon and password set when first
installing Apache?

Thanks for any help.
George

views of the sender's company.